We want you to enjoy your time with us and as such encourage you to gamble responsibly while on meccabingo.com. Here’s a few tips of things to think about, places to find support and information on the tools we can provide to help you keep your gambling fun and safe.
Worried you have a gambling problem?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I spend more money and time on gambling than I can afford?
- Am I finding it hard to manage or stop my gambling?
- Do I have arguments with family or friends about money and gambling?
- Am I losing interest in my usual activities or hobbies, like going out with friends or spending time with family?
- Am I always thinking or talking about gambling?
- Do I lie about your gambling or hide it from other people?
- Do I chase losses or gamble to get out of financial trouble?
- Do I gamble until all of my money is gone?
- Have I borrowed money, sold possessions or not paid bills in order to pay for gambling?
- Do I need to gamble with larger amounts of money or for a longer time to get the same feeling of excitement or buzz?
- Am I neglecting work, school, family, personal needs or household responsibilities because of gambling?
- Do I feel anxious, worried, guilty, depressed or irritable?
How many did you answer ‘yes’ to? The more you answered ‘yes’ to, the more likely it is that you have a gambling problem.
Remember, you should never gamble if it interferes with daily responsibilities or if you are in any form of in recovery for any dependency.
Where can I go for help?
We have a range of tools on offer to help you stay in control of your gaming (see ‘Responsible Gambling Toolkit’ below). If you have any concerns or need advice and support, you can contact our Customer Support team at any time.
GamCare – GamCare is a national resource for gambling-related problems, educational resources and training to ensure gaming remains a positive experience.
You can contact GamCare via their website, GamCare.org.uk, or on 0808 8020 133 (Freephone).
Gamblers Anonymous – Gamblers Anonymous provides support for compulsive gamblers, including online forums and support groups.
For further details of this service and other helpful information, visit their website, GamblersAnonymous.org.uk/.
Gambling Therapy (part of the Gordon Moody Association) – Gambling Therapy offers a variety of support services to people adversely affected by gambling. These include a text based Live Advice Helpline, online groups and forums, an app containing information about playing responsibly and further support agencies (search ‘Gambling Therapy’ in Google Play or the Apple Store to download it), and a hostel for compulsive gamblers who need counselling and rehabilitation in a residential setting.
To contact them, phone 01384 241292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find more information on their website, GamblingTherapy.org.
National Problem Gambling Clinic – Providing family therapy, the clinic helps family members to help each other, so they can gain new perspectives and find new solutions to the difficulties they are experiencing. More information and details on how to access this service can be found here: CNWL.nhs.uk/cnwl-national-problem-gambling-clinic
If you are thinking of self-excluding from Mecca Games, we would also encourage you to consider extending your self-exclusion to other gambling operators via GAMSTOP.
GAMSTOP is a free service that enables you to self-exclude from all online gambling companies licensed in Great Britain.
To find out more and to sign up with GAMSTOP, please visit Gamstop.co.uk.
Responsible Gambling Toolkit
We have a range of tools to help you manage your gaming safely:
- Deposit limits – these set a cap on how much you can deposit in a day, week or month
- Game session reminders – these help you to keep track of how long you’ve been playing
- Take a Break – this allows you to take a short period of time out (24hrs – 6 weeks) by locking your meccagames.com account
- Self-exclusion – this locks your meccagames.com account (and all other accounts on our sister sites operated by Rank Interactive (Gibraltar) Limited, for more information, click here) for a longer period of 6 months to 5 years
Once your self-exclusion period has ended, you can request to reopen your account if you wish to. To do this, please contact our Customer Support team. They will forward your request to our Safer Gambling team, who will contact you within 3 working days and ask you to complete a questionnaire. This enables them to assess your request and ensure it is safe for you to reopen your account.
We will take all reasonable measures to ensure compliance with our responsible gaming self-exclusion policy and that a player does not receive any marketing material from us whilst self-excluded. However, you may still receive promotional/marketing material for up to 21 days after your account has been closed if you self-exclude after a campaign has launched. We also cannot be held liable if you receive any 3rd third party affiliate marketing, which remains beyond our control.
Whilst we have robust measures in place to block self-excluded players registering new accounts, we bear no responsibility or liability whatsoever if a player continues to deposit and wager using additional previously undisclosed accounts or if they open up a new account with substantially the same personal registration information, albeit inputted into the registration form in a different way. It is also the responsibility of players not to attempt to get around their self-exclusion by registering a new account using different personal details.
You may also want to “unfriend” and / or “un-follow” yourself from any social media accounts for us or any other gambling sites, to try to avoid seeing gambling-related posts and marketing during your self-exclusion period.
For more information on the term and conditions related to self-exclusion, click here.
Here’s how to use these tools:
Net Deposit Loss Limits
You can choose to set a Net Deposit Loss Limit in the Cashier. This limit caps the net amount you can lose daily, weekly or monthly – the choice is yours.
Your Net Deposit loss is the difference between your deposits and your withdrawals i.e. if you deposit £20 and then go on to withdraw £15, your Net Deposit loss would be £5.
This is a shared limit across our partner sites: KittyBingo.com, LuckyPantsBingo.com, SpinandWin.com, MagicalVegas.com, RegalWins.com, LuckyVIP.com, KingJackCasino.com, Aspers.com. This means if you reach your limit on one site or as an accumulation across multiple sites you will not be able to deposit and play on any other sites until your limit resets next month.
To set a Net Deposit Loss Limit, go to the ‘My Limits’ tab in the cashier.
Game Session Reminders
To help you keep track of how long you’ve been playing, you can set a game session reminder. These will appear at regular intervals and apply to each individual Game Session (real money bets only). A Game Session starts when you open a game and ends when you close it, or if the connection to the gaming server is lost.
Take a Break
Want to take a temporary step back from your gaming? Not a problem.
Set a Take a Break period of between 24 hours and 6 weeks.
This will lock access to your account for your chosen length of time. You cannot unlock account before your specified Take a Break period has ended.
Once your Take a Break period has finished, you will be able to log in and play again if you wish to.
Please note, only your meccagames.com account will be locked. If you have accounts with any of our sister sites or with any other providers, these will be unaffected.
Concerned about your gambling and want to stop for an extended period of time? We recommend that you self-exclude. With self-exclusion, you can close your account for 6 months to 5 years.
When you self-exclude, please be aware that:
- You cannot reopen your account for any reason until your self-exclusion has expired
- You cannot open a new account with the same personal details
- Any remaining cash balance will be transferred to your bank account or via another payment if necessary
- All bonuses, loyalty points and promotion opt-ins will be forfeited and will not be reinstated if your account is reopened after the self-exclusion period
- This self-exclusion will apply to all accounts operated by Rank Interactive (Gibraltar) Limited.